How to create a vision board that connects with you!
Vision Boarding is a very powerful and rewarding visualization tool that has been around for centuries. Humans using images and words to convey their desires and dreams is nothing new. However, in the last few decades, the process has become more of a common creative activity to plant the seeds of our desires in the subconscious mind.
There are many reasons why creating a vision board for the kind of life we want to live is important. In this blog, I will focus on some fine-tuning tips on how to up your vision boarding game! So here we go…
Let’s take the topic of Love & Relationships.
Before you start cutting out images from your favorite magazines and quotes, take some time and ask yourself the following questions and write down the answers:
- What do I value most about relationships?
- What is my current state of being/feeling?
- Why do I want what I desire?
- What is my current view on love and relationships?
- How do I want to feel in my relationship?
- Where do I stand in relation to what I want?
- Are my words, thoughts, feelings and actions in harmony?
The reason these questions are important is that they will help you understand where you stand emotionally towards what you desire to manifest in your reality.
So let’s take a look at why you would even want to create a vision board.
- To refine and re-define your desires: It is important to ask yourself the questions that are mentioned above until you’ve gotten to the point where you feel confident and comfortable with your desires.
- To ensure your desires are your and yours alone: It is easy to unknowingly follow the trend and ask for things that others are also asking for. Make sure you have an emotional and vibrational connection to your desires.
- To leave an imprint of your desires in your subconscious mind: The subconscious mind responds to images and vibrationally aligns you with your desires, increasing the flow of energy in the directions of what which you’ve asked for.
- To connect with the emotional aspect of your desires: You would want to feel the emotions that you’d feel had all of those desires been already manifested for you. The images and words on your vision board are there to help you feel those emotions prior to physical manifestation.
- To have a to-go place when you need a reminder: When you’re tired and beat up by life, your vision board provides you a place where you can be boundless again.
Here are some do’s and don’ts:
- Get specific with the emotions.
- Add a happy picture of yourself.
- Focus on the ‘why’.
- Place it where you can see it morning and night.
- Leave some blank spaces.
- Play a mental movie of your board in your head.
- Be in the flow.
- Play nice music near your board.
- Feel the joy when you stare at your board.
- Become familiar with the emotions that the images convey.
- Feel the gratitude for the now.
- Notice the daily progress.
- Update your board as you please.
- Act in alignment with your board.
- Don’t get specific with the timeline.
- Don’t add a picture of a specific person.
- Don’t get too logical.
- Don’t hide your board in the closet.
- Don’t compare your board to others.
- Don’t be in resistance.
- Don’t play sad songs near your board.
- Don’t wait for the results to feel good.
- Don’t split your energy and attention.
- Don’t discuss things that agitate you.
- Don’t get impatient and anxious.
- Don’t attach yourself to the outcome.
- Don’t dismiss the inspiration to act.
- Don’t concern yourself with ‘but’…
Remember to have a good time and enjoy the journey.
If you’d like to schedule a one on one consultation with me, click here and I’d be happy to help!