Coaching Terms and Agreements
Please read the below information in its entirety.
This Agreement is entered into by and between: Haleh Gianni, Life Coach at 505 Living, LLC and THE CLIENT whereby Coach agrees to provide Coaching Services for Client focusing on the following topics/results/outcomes/goals described and filled out by the client in the Client Intake Form, prior to any services rendered.
Description of Coaching: Coaching is a partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Coach and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the Client to maximize personal and professional potential. It is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal or professional goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
1) Coach-Client Relationship
- Client is solely responsible for creating and implementing his/her own physical, mental, and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions, and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship and his/her interactions with the Coach.
- Client further acknowledges that he/she may terminate or discontinue the coaching relationship at any time. Pre-paid packages for coaching services is non-refundable and non-transferable. All Pre-paid packages and retainers have specified durations, which will be discussed at the time of the consultation and specified in the proposal.
- Client acknowledges that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of his or her life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. The Client agrees that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching principles into those areas and implementing choices is exclusively the Client’s responsibility.
- Client acknowledges that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental healthcare, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals. The Client understands that in order to enhance the coaching relationship, the Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
Conducted by 505 Living, LLC By Haleh Gianni, Life Coach
- Sessions between client and coach are scheduled for 60 minutes. They can be online or in-person. The session type will be discussed and agreed by both client and coach at the time of scheduling.
- Coach will be available to Client by e-mail and voicemail in between scheduled meetings. For example; reviewing documents, reading or writing reports, engaging in other Client related services outside of coaching hours for up to 60-minutes during each 10-session packages. Additional support can be discussed between Coach and Client.
- Coaching services are to be used per person. Group coaching, Family Coaching, and any other services requested by the Client at the time of consultation will need to be discussed and approved by the Coach.
- All coaching services provided by 505 Living, LLC, will require Client to complete The Ultimate Life Tool before coaching begins. The Client will receive a written report of his or her results following the first session. The grid/chart that is presented to the client during sessions is for internal use only and will stay with Coach at all times. The assessment is used to benefit the Client and provides the Coach an objective understanding of Client’s naturals modes of operation, motivation, communication styles, level of preferences, and perception on life.
- Coaching services are available online through Zoom, and over the phone. and also at a specific location pertaining to coaching sessions; location will be discussed in advance between the Coach and Client.
- This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound by the principles of confidentiality. However, please be aware that the Coach-Client relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like the medical and legal professions) and thus communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege. The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent. The Coach will not disclose the Client’s name as a reference without the Client’s consent.
- Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) was in the Coach’s possession prior to its being furnished by the Client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; (d) is independently developed by the Coach without use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information; or (e) the Coach is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; (f) is disclosed to the Coach and as a result of such disclosure the Coach reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the Client or others; and (g) involves illegal activity. The Client also acknowledges his or her continuing obligation to raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with the Coach in a timely manner.
- According to the ethics of our profession, topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training, supervision, mentoring, evaluation, and for coach professional development and/or consultation purposes.
6) Cancellation Policy
Client agrees that it is the Client’s responsibility to notify the Coach 24 hours in advance of the scheduled calls/meetings. Coach reserves the right to bill Client for a missed meeting. Coach will attempt in good faith to reschedule the missed meeting.
7) Record Retention Policy
The Client acknowledges that the Coach has disclosed his/her record retention policy with respect to documents, information and data acquired or shared during the term of the Coach-Client relationship. Such records will be maintained by the Coach in a format of the Coach’s choice (print or digital/electronic) for a period of up to two years.
Either the Client or the Coach may terminate this Agreement at any time with two weeks written notice.
9) Limited Liability
Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Coach makes no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall the Coach be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Client to the Coach under this Agreement for all coaching services rendered through and including the termination date.
10) Binding Effect
This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors and permissible assigns.
Coach: Haleh Gianni, 505 Living, LLC 169 Saxony Rd. Suite 111, Encinitas, CA 92024