I never knew there was such a person that I could go to for guidance who would give me unbiased, objective and wise advice. My friends and family have always been understanding and looked out for me. But how did I know that their perception and understanding of my situation wasn’t based on their personal experiences and understanding of life? When I asked them to describe me, I realized that they only knew a part of me and their opinion was highly subjective. Then there was the therapist. Well, we talked; mostly I talked, and he listened. He was an amazing sounding board. Asked me questions and relied on my answers to collect “facts and data” to make a diagnosis. The whole process exhausted me. I began to observe others, who seemed to have hit rock bottom and those who were just a tad bit lost. Neither party walked away with a forward-moving plan, or daily life management techniques. Everything was “caused” by an event, a person, or a circumstance outside of our control. Ok! But what now?! What if I want to learn about what’s right with me instead of what’s wrong with me?? What if I want to move on and make the next chapter better than the last one?
People that seek a life coach are:
- Those who have found the courage to question their own ‘truths’ and are willing to evaluate their consciousness and reality to create a better one.
- They are bold enough to ask what, why and how?
- They refuse to remain attached to their past story and simply want to use it as a means of transportation and transformation.
- They will not accept their limitations nor stay content with anything out of alignment with their soul.
- They want to better every aspect of their life, starting with self.
- They’re more interested in discovery than diagnosis.
- They’re seekers. They realize it’s about asking better questions rather than arriving at concrete answers.
- They see life as a puzzle to be solved, a playground for exploration.
- They want a sounding board that plays a different tune, one that provides them with understanding, clarity, light, love, and hope. Ultimately, the energy to move onward & upward.